Welcome to the Carlow County Childcare Committee (Carlow CCC) website. Carlow CCC is one of 33 childcare committees established under the National Development Plan. The Childcare Committee was established in 2000 to:
- Increase the supply of childcare services and places
- Improve the quality of childcare
Initially in 2000, funding came from the EU in the form of the Equal Opportunities Childcare Programme (EOCP). This programme was succeeded by the National Childcare Investment Programme 2007-2010 (NCIP).
Carlow County Childcare Committee have produced a Strategic Plan for 2007-2010. To view / download, please click here >>
(File opens in PDF format)
If you do not have Adobe Reader please download here >>
The County Childcare Committee provides support to;
- Childcare providers - existing, new & potential in the community and private sector.
- Childminders - existing, new & potential
- Childcare workers
- Parent & Toddler Groups
- Childcare Students
- Anybody with a genuine interest in becoming involved in the childcare arena
"To lead, facilitate and support the development of quality, accessible childcare services in County Carlow for the overall benefit of children and their parents by taking a child-centered and partnership approach."
Our Core Values
The core values of Carlow County Childcare Committee include:
- Equality of opportunity
- Partnerships - with stakeholders in childcare
- Respect - for all stakeholders in childcare
- Professionalism - in our work
- A child centered approach
FIND CARLOW COUNTY CHILDCARE COMMITTEE ON FACEBOOK AND CLICK "LIKE" FOR ALL THE UP TO DATE NEWS AND EVENTS